Here are some links that you may find useful as a parent of a gifted child. Please feel free to download this series of PDF's and read them at your leisure. They may help guide you through your journey as a parent of a gifted child.
To read these documents, you must have Adobe Reader installed. You can download it here
- Guide children to solve their own problems
- If Kids Can Hear Promises
- My Teacher is Mean
- Note the Difference
- The Praise Paradox
- The Nature and Needs of a Gifted Child
- Helping Adolescents Adjust to Giftedness(Part1)
- Helping Adolescents Adjust to Giftedness(Part2)
- Understanding Our Gifted(Part1)
- Understanding Our Gifted(Part2)
- The Emotional Intelligence
- Effective Teaching Strategies for Gifted/Learning-Disabled Students
- Gifted Education and Cooperative Learning: A Miss or a Match?
- Mathematically Talented Children: How Can Parents Help?
- Recognition of Giftedness in the Early Years of School
- The Journey: A Handbook for Parents of the Gifted and Talented